| A Surprise for Percy/|
A Big Surprise for Percy
A Surprise for Percy, retitled A Big Surprise For Percy in American releases, is the twenty-first episode of the fifth season.
Percy has been working at the coal mines for several weeks and is fed up with the work. Toby and Bertie try to cheer him up, to no avail. Then one day, Percy is pulling some trucks up to the yard, when they break away. Percy and Bertie chase after them and workmen manage to put chocks under the trucks wheels after they slow down going up a hill. After that, Percy decides that you should never let yourself be taken by surprise.
- Stock footage from Put Upon Percy is used.
- This is the only episode in the fifth season to have different titles in the UK and the US.
- When the trucks first sing, music is used in the US and international versions but not in the UK version.
- Much of the footage during the runaway is sped up.
- The load that Cranky drops on Percy from Cranky Bugs is seen on the ground to the right of the screen when the trucks at the coal mine sing.
- This marks the only appearance of the Miner's Halt station in the television series to date.
- The backdrop is visible during a close-up of Percy struggling up the hill.
- Just before the truck's coupling breaks, Percy's piston appears to be broken.
- In the bird's-eye shot of the trucks, a wire can be seen pulling the trucks forward.
- When Percy pulls the trucks up the hill, in some shots his first red stripe is out of place.
- In one scene Sir Topham Hatt and Bertie park at the end of the stone wall, but in the next scene they are nowhere to be seen.
- The trucks should have derailed at bends due to their speed.
- There was a brakevan coupled to the runaway trucks. So why didn't the guard use the handbrake?
- Throughout the runaway, Bertie is smiling. Wouldn't he worried about the trucks rolling into the village?
- In real life, the men would have needed more than two wooden blocks to keep the trucks from rolling back into the village.
- In a close-up of the trucks racing up hill, the brakevan is at the wrong end of the train.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Een Verrassing Voor Percy||A Surprise for Percy|
|German||Eine Überraschung Für Percy||A Surprise for Percy|
|Spanish||Una Sorpresa Para Percy||A Surprise for Percy|
|Portuguese||Uma Surpresa Para Percy||A Surprise for Percy|
|Hungarian||A Meglepetés||The Surprise|
|Italian||Una Sopresa per Percy||A Surprise for Percy|
|Slovenian||Presenečenje za Poldija||Surprise for Percy|
|Slovak||Darček pre Percyho||Gift for Percy|
|Polish||Niespodzianka dla Piotrka||Surprise for Percy|
|Romanian||O Surpriză Pentru Percy||A Surprise for Percy|
|Danish||En Overraskelse for Percy||A Surprise for Percy|
|Norwegian||En Overraskelse for Percy||A Surprise for Percy|
|Swedish||En Överraskning för Percy||A Surprise for Percy|
|Welsh||Syndod a Rhyfeddod i Persi||Surprise and Wonder to Percy|
|Chinese||给培西的惊喜||Surprise to Percy|
|Korean||퍼시는 심심해||Percy Bored|
|Russian||Сюрприз для Перси||Surprise for Percy|
|Thai||เพอร์ซี่รู้สึกเบื่อ||Percy Was Bored|
|French||Une Surprise pour Pierre||A Surprise for Percy|