|Bulgy Rides Again|
November 29th, 2003
Bulgy Rides Again is the nineteenth episode of the seventh season.
Thomas and Emily are being repaired and there is no one to run the branch line during the summer holidays, so, as a last resort, the Fat Controller gives Bulgy a second chance and has him restored. However, his previous residents, the chickens, miss their henhouse. They roost in his luggage racks overnight and, when Bulgy has to swerve suddenly the next day, the chickens panic, frightening the passengers and covering them with feathers and eggs. Bulgy and the passengers are angry over this incident and Bulgy is sent to be cleaned. Emily tells him a farmer needs something to sell his vegetables in and this gives Bulgy an idea. As a result, Bulgy is painted green and turned into a mobile vegetable stand. Bulgy could not be happier, as now he does not have to put up with chickens or passengers.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Trevor (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Arthur (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Oliver has Percy's whistle sound.
- Because stock footage is used, Peter Sam has his old funnel.
- Bulgy still has his "Free the roads" signboards after being restored.
- After Bulgy's restoration, his driver takes him back to the field. Logically, his driver should have taken him to the bus depot.
- Thomas is seen taking some trucks down the line at one point, but he was supposed to be at the foundry being repaired.
- Bulgy overtakes Trevor then swerves to avoid the mail van. In the next shot, Trevor and the mail van are nowhere to be seen and Bulgy appears to have backed up quite a bit.
- When Bulgy says "A vegetable bus? That's not such a bad idea", a crew member's movements are reflected in his front driver-side window.
- It is odd that no one saw the hens when they boarded Bulgy.
- When Trevor overtakes Bulgy after the hens wake up, Trevor's noise suddenly disappears when the passengers get a close-up; then, in the very next shot when Bulgy claims "It's not my fault...", Trevor is audible again.
- When Bulgy's driver says, "We'll start in the morning", he has a moustache, but when he says, "You'll stay here tonight", he does not.
- The storyteller's hat is severely damaged in one scene.
- The mail van does not appear to have a driver.
- Bulgy has a different horn sound.
- When the passengers evacuate Bulgy, they are dirty, but when Bulgy says, "it's not my fault", they are spotless.
- The small scale model of Bulgy's driver has a moustache, but his large scale model is clean shaven.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||バルジーとニワトリ||Bulgy and the Chickens|
|Swedish||Butter tar revansch||Bulgy Takes Revenge|
|Hungarian||Bulgy Újra az Úton||Bulgy Back on the Road|
|Italian||Bulgy torna in strada||Bulgy Back on the Road|
|Welsh||Bwlgi a'r Ieir||Bulgy and the Chickens|
|Russian||Балджи возвращается на дорогу||Bulgy Returns to the Road|
|Romanian||Bulgy Merge Din Nou||Bulgy Returns|
|Slovak||Nafúkanec znovu jazdí||Bulgy Rides Again|
|Spanish||Bulgy Monta Otra Vez||Bulgy Rides Again|
|Chinese||巴尔奇双层巴士又上路了||Bulgy the Double-Decker Bus on the Road Again|
|Korean||다시 돌아온 벌지||Bulgy's Back Again|
|Danish||Bulgy kommer på banen||Bulgy Takes to the Track|
|Polish||Przejażdżka Smrodka||Ride Bulgy|
|Thai||บันจี้ช่วยส่งผัก||Bulgy Deliver the Vegetables|