April 3rd, 1995 (UK)
Toby warns Daisy about bulls, but she claims that she would simply have to toot to scare them off. When Daisy is asked to shoo a bull back to its farmer, Daisy sees her chance but fails and runs away when the bull sniffs at her. Toby hears about the events and shoos the bull away, but Daisy is later teased by some boys when they offer her some "bull's-eyes" sweets.
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-second episode of the fourth season.
- This episode takes place before Percy's Predicament as the narrator said Daisy never met a bull.
- The US narration was only released on VHS and was never released on DVD after VHSs were taken away. A clip from the episode is only on Sir Topham Hatt's Scrapbook bonus feature on New Friends for Thomas, Henry and the Elephant and Engine Friends DVD. It was finally released for digital download on Amazon in 2016.
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from the Railway Series book, Branch Line Engines.
- A photograph from this episode was released as a Royal Mail stamp in 2011 to mark the Reverend Awdry's Centenary.
- The sweets appear to be black and white beads.
- This episode marks the last of a few things for Daisy:
- This marks the first time Toby's whistle is heard. It is Percy's in low pitch.
- Daisy has a different horn sound.
- After James puffs past Toby with coaches, the camera cuts to Daisy for about five seconds and then cuts back to Toby, but James is nowhere to be seen. How could James have gone through Elsbridge and round the corner that fast?
- When the policeman warns Daisy about Champion, the guard doesn't have a mouth.
- When Champion looks around a small box can be seen at the entrance of the tunnel.
- Daisy' eye-mechanism is visible when Champion sniffs at her.
- After Daisy says "Keep your old bull's-eyes!", she turns at the points, but in the shot after that, she is turning again.
- During the opening scenes at Elsbridge, Daisy has a Co-Bo wheel arrangement (thought to be BoCo's chassis).
- James has Duck's whistle sound.
- Daisy has BoCo's horn sound.
- This episode should have aired before Percy's Predicament, as the events of this episode were mentioned in the other.
- When Toby meets Daisy in her shed, her face is falling off.
- Magazine Stories - Daisy and the Bull
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Mírame a los ojos||Look at me in the eyes|
|German||Ein Stier auf dem Gleis||A Bull on the Line|
|Japanese||デイジーとおうしのめだま||Daisy and Bull's Eyes|
|Welsh||Helo Hen Darw||Hello Old Bull|
|Czech||Oči Býka||Eyes of bull|
|Hungarian||Daisy és a Bika||Daisy and the Bull|
|Italian||Occhi di Bue||Bulls Eyes|
|Russian||Глаза быка||Bull's Eye|
|Ukrainian||Бичачi очi||Bovine Eyes|
|Slovenian||Bikove Oči||Bull's Eyes|
|Greek||Το βλεμμα του ταύρου||The Look of the Bull|
|Romanian||Ochi de Taur||Eye of Taurus|
|Slovak||Býčie Oči||Bull's Eye|
|Polish||Bycze Oczy||Bull's Eyes|
|Brazilian Portuguese||O touro||The Bull|
|Thai||เดซี่หมดปัญญาไล่วัว||Daisy Wit's Chasing Cows|
|Korean||황소의 눈||Bulls Eye|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 3||Season 4||Season 5 >>|
|#01||Granpuff||#10||Rock 'n' Roll||#19||Henry and the Elephant|
|#02||Sleeping Beauty||#11||Special Funnel||#20||Toad Stands By|
|#03||Bulldog||#12||Steam Roller||#21||Bulls Eyes|
|#04||You Can't Win||#13||Passengers and Polish||#22||Thomas and the Special Letter|
|#05||Four Little Engines (episode)||#14||Gallant Old Engine (episode)||#23||Paint Pots and Queens|
|#06||A Bad Day for Sir Handel||#15||Rusty to the Rescue||#24||Fish|
|#07||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady||#16||Thomas and Stepney||#25||Special Attraction|
|#08||Trucks (episode)||#17||Train Stops Play||#26||Mind that Bike|
|#09||Home at Last||#18||Bowled Out|