Elizabeth is a vintage Sentinel steam lorry.
Prior to his becoming Controller of the North Western Railway, Sir Topham Hatt owned Elizabeth - she notes that he was not the best driver. For unknown reasons, Elizabeth was sheeted in a shed and remained there until Thomas' crew found her several decades later when they needed urgent transportation to the Works for new side-rods. Jem Cole restored Elizabeth and she is to this day in perfect working order.
Elizabeth does not like laziness or rudeness and will respond to both in the strongest terms. Although she believes roads are superior to rails, she often helps the engines out. She is very sensitive about how others refer to her by her age.
Elizabeth is based on a Sentinel DG4 steam lorry with a three-way tipper behind her cab.
Elizabeth is painted maroon with gold and black stripes.
- Season 6 - Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry, Jack Frost, Rusty Saves the Day, and Faulty Whistles
- Season 7 - Not So Hasty Puddings
- Elizabeth is the only character able to insult Sir Topham Hatt without getting into trouble, as she was the first lorry he ever drove.
- Elizabeth's shed was used as Toby's shed in the sixth season.
- There must be a large scale model of Elizabeth since she interacted with the large scale Skarloey Railway engines' models.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Bandai Tecs
- Wind-up Trains
|Terence • Bertie • Trevor • George • Caroline • Bulgy • Bulgy’s Friend • The Mail Van • The Caterpillar Crane|
|Butch • Thumper • The Horrid Lorries • Sir Topham Hatt's Car • The Other Buses • Fire Engines •|