|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the lorry.|
| Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry/|
Elizabeth the Vintage Quarry Truck
August 12th 2002
Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry, retitled Elizabeth the Vintage Quarry Truck in American releases, is the fifth episode of the sixth season.
Thomas is pulling a special when his siderods fall off. Luckily, Thomas' crew discover a vintage Sentinel quarry truck named Elizabeth sheeted in a nearby shed, and drive her to the works to get new siderods for Thomas. When the Fat Controller hears about Elizabeth, who was his quarry truck before he became Controller, he has Jem Cole restore her to her original beauty.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Elizabeth (debut)
- Jem Cole (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Donald (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Annie (cameo)
- Toad (Scrap model cameo)
- On PBS Kids Sprout airings, the UK title was used.
- The shed Thomas' crew find Elizabeth in was later used as Toby's shed at Arlesdale End in the New Series.
- This is the last episode that Jem Cole is referred to by name.
- The CITV continuity of this episode during the end credits featured Leah holding up a drawing of Thomas, James and Percy sent in by fellow Wikia user and Thomas fan, Daniel Coffey, after it's second airing on 17 February 2003.
- In some close-ups of Elizabeth, her eye mechanism is visible inside her cab.
- The right-hand pillar (viewer perspective) of the bridge Elizabeth goes under wobbles a bit.
- When Elizabeth says "Have you learned to drive properly yet?", the steam Thomas blows disappears and reappears due to a film cut.
- At the end of the British narration, the Fat Controller uses the American term "railroad".
- How was Elizabeth able to drive to Brendam? Thomas' driver drove her, but she was left nearby the old shed.
- There appear to be two Jem Cole's at the end; one with Sir Topham Hatt and one driving Trevor.
- When Thomas passes the signal box there's no one here but a few seconds later Donald can be seen pulling some milk tankers