When Emily was new to Sodor, she was ignored by the other engines for pulling Annie and Clarabel without Thomas' permission or knowledge. The matter was resolved after she saved both Thomas and Oliver from a nasty accident on the cross-points, and she was rewarded with two new coaches. Emily proved to be kind-hearted, as she was the only engine concerned about Henry when he was ill due to leaky tubes.
In the seventh season, Emily acts as a sisterly figure to the others. Emily is kind and friendly and always sensitive to the other engines' feelings. If she wrongs someone, knowingly or not, she is quick to apologize.
Emily is based on a GNR G Stirling Single, of which there is only one left in the world, located at the National Railway Museum in York.
Emily is painted in the emerald livery of the Great Northern Railway with gold lining and chocolate running-boards.
- Season 7 - Emily's New Coaches, Edward's Brass Band (cameo), What's the Matter with Henry?, Salty's Stormy Tale, Something Fishy (cameo), Peace and Quiet (cameo), Bulgy Rides Again, and Gordon and Spencer (cameo)
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (normal and talking)
- Take-Along (normal and metallic; discontinued)
- TOMY/TrackMaster (normal and Splish, Splash, Splosh!)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Bachmann (HO and large scale)
- Wind-up (normal and metallic)
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Barry • Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • The Austerity Engine • The Red Engine • Bill and Ben • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • Mavis • The Works Diesel • Diesel • Derek • Diesel 10 • 'Arry and Bert • Splatter and Dodge • Salty • Pip and Emma • Peel Godred Engines|