|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Buzz Book.|
It is an important day at the yards, and everyone is busy and excited making notes and taking photographs. A special visitor had arrived and was now the centre of attention. Duck explains to Thomas and Percy that he is a celebrity, a very famous engine. Thomas, Duck, Percy and the other engines are very pleased about the Visitor, but Gordon is jealous as he thinks it's a lot of fuss about nothing.
Next morning, the visitor heads back to his railway, and Thomas tells Gordon that the engine is famous since he went 100 mph before Gordon was even thought of. Gordon is unamused and tells Thomas that the visitor has no dome and that domeless engines aren't respectable or trustworthy, and that 100 mph would be easy for him.
Later that day, Duck takes some trucks to Wellsworth and tells Edward what Gordon had said about the visitor. Edward tells Duck not to take any notice, since Gordon thinks that no engine should be famous but him. Moments later, Gordon thunders past the two engines on the main line as his wheels pound the rails. Duck watches and tells Edward that Gordon will knock himself to bits.
Gordon's driver tells Gordon that he isn't running a race, but Gordon takes no notice. Gordon then notices that the top of his boiler feels funny as something feels loose and decides to slow down, but it's too late. On the viaduct, he meets a teasing wind that makes him think it'll push him off. But the wind has other ideas as it curls around his boiler and blows Gordon's dome off and into the valley below. Gordon is most uncomfortable as he feels silly without his dome, and to make matters worse for him, he is made into a laughing stock at Knapford Station by some trucks.
On the journey home, Gordon asks his driver to find his dome, but he tells Gordon that they'll never find it and they'll have to go to the works for a new one. Gordon is most upset and hopes that the sheds are empty tonight, but all the engines are there waiting. As Gordon turns around on the turntable, he hears a voice saying: "Never trust domeless engines. They aren't respectable."
- City of Truro (not named; does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Donald and Douglas (cameo)
- Bill and Ben (cameo)
- Diesel (cameo)
- Bertie (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- This episode is based on the story Domeless Engines from The Railway Series book, Duck and the Diesel Engine.
- Stock footage from Time for Trouble is used.
- In a rare picture, Thomas, Percy, and Duck were at the other side of the shed.
- This is the first time a real engine appears in the series.
- There is a scrap Terence model next to Gordon when he arrives at Tidmouth Sheds.
- Although City of Truro's name is never mentioned, it is seen on a banner at Tidmouth Sheds.
- Gordon's line, "Goodbye", is added in the US version.
- When City of Truro was talking to the engines, the edge of the set is visible in the top-left corner.
- When Gordon and Thomas and Duck are talking, The Breakdown Train can be Seen. The it is positioned, It is De-railed.
- When Gordon says "It feels as if something is loose" he hits a tree branch on the right.
- After Gordon loses his dome, his coaches disappear.
- When Gordon goes through Knapford, he is tilted to the right.
- A photographer's camera is just a small wooden cube with paint on it.
- Henry, Daisy, BoCo, Annie, Clarabel, Henrietta, Terence, and Harold weren't invited to see City of Truro. Diesel, for some reason, was.
- When Henry puffs past Edward and Duck, his eyes are wonky.
- In one shot of Gordon talking to Thomas and Duck, he doesn't have any eyebrows.
- When Gordon is On the Turntable, One of the Rails is dislocated.
In Other Languages
|German||Eine weltberühmte Lok||A World Famous Engine|
|Norwegian||Gordon og den berømte gjesten||Gordon and the Famous Visitor|
|Welsh||Gordon a'r Ymwelydd Enwog||Gordon and the Famous Visitor|
|Dutch||Gordon en het Vreemde Bezoek||Gordon and the Famous Visit|
|Chinese||高登与著名访客||Gordon and the Famous Visitor|
|Japanese||ゴードンとゆうめいなきかんしゃ||Gordon and the Famous Engine|
|Czech||Gordon a slavny host||Gordon and the Famous Guest|
|Finnish||Jori ja Kuuluisa Vieras||Gordon and the Famous Visitor|
|Italian||Gordon e l'ospite famosa||Gordon and the Famous Guest|
|Hungarian||Gordon és a különleges látogató||Gordon and the Special Visitor|
|Slovenian||Gorazd in slavni obiskovalec||Gordon and the Famous Visitor|
|Russian||Гордон и известный посетитель||Gordon and the Famous Visitor|
|Ukrainian||Гордон і знаменитий гість||Gordon and the Famous Guest|
|Romanian||Gordon și Vizitatorul Faimos||Gordon and the Famous Visitor|
|Spanish||Gordon y el Famoso Visitante||Gordon and the Famous Visitor|
|Polish||Gabryś i Gwiazdor||Gordon and the Star|
|Slovak||Gordon a Slávny Hosť||Gordon and Famous Guests|
|Swedish||Gordon och den berömde gästen||Gordon and the Famous Guest|
|Danish||Gordon og den berømte gæst||Gordon and the Famous Guest|
|Thai||กอร์ดอนอิจฉา||Gordon is Jealous|
Home Media Releases
|1. A Scarf for Percy 2. Percy's Promise 3. Time for Trouble 4. Gordon and the Famous Visitor 5. Donald's Duck|
|6. Thomas Gets Bumped 7. Thomas, Percy and the Dragon 8. Diesel Does it Again 9. Henry's Forest 10. The Trouble with Mud|
|11. No Joke for James 12. Thomas, Percy and the Post Train 13. Trust Thomas 14. Mavis (episode) 15. Toby's Tightrope|
|16. Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party 17. Buzz, Buzz 18. All at Sea 19. One Good Turn 20. Tender Engines|
|21. Escape 22. Oliver Owns Up 23. Bulgy (episode) 24. Heroes 25. Percy, James and the Fruitful Day 26. Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure|
| Canceled: Gordon Goes Foreign