|Gordon and the Gremlin|
Gordon and the Gremlin is the sixth episode of the fifth season.
Gordon has problems with his fire, and the firelighter suggests it is due to gremlins. Thomas and Percy get excited, but James thinks it is nonsense. The engines argue about the issue until the Fat Controller arrives and informs the engines that a VIP is coming, who has heard a lot about the Fat Controller's engines. He wants them all to be really useful, but Percy worries about the gremlins in Gordon's fire. The Fat Controller warns Gordon to be on his best behaviour and lets him take the VIP.
The goods yard's turntable malfunctions with the special coach on it, making Gordon late. He makes up for lost time and manages to get to Kirk Ronan on time. Thomas arrives with the special passenger and Gordon takes her to Wellsworth. On the way, Gordon goes at high speed, much to the passenger's disliking. At Wellsworth, the passenger's Dalmatian runs away after Gordon's loud whistle and, after confronting a bull, runs into Thomas' cab and stays there during the trip to the docks.
At Brendam, Thomas inquires about the visitor, and the Fat Controller reveals she is his mother, who then aptly renames her dog "Gremlin" after the day's events.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Firelighter
- Dowager Hatt (not named)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Toad (cameo)
- The Fultan Ferry from TUGS appears at Brendam.
- There are some differences in the US and UK narrations. Some differences are:
- In the UK narration, when the narrator says, "He was soon working hard to make up for loss time", Gordon's whistle is heard. The whistle is omitted in the US and Japanese narrations.
- In the US narration, Gremlin barks before going up on the bridge. This is absent in the UK narration.
- After James says "Gremlins don't exist they're just an excuse when things go wrong", the line "And no one knows why" is omitted in the US version.
- At the end, after Sir Topham Hatt says "And my mother, of course, is always right." Gremlin barks in the UK narration, while in the US narration, Sir Topham Hatt chuckles.
- In Germany this episode is named "The Goblins and Guest of Honor". The Italian title is "Gordon and the Goblin". In Japan this episode is called "Gordon's Ghost".
- The fireman was actually the one who found the gremlins.
- In the first scene of Tidmouth Sheds, James' tender is tilted.
- When the Fat Controller speaks to Gordon one of his buffers is crooked.
- When the narrator says "Gordon puffed away with his special coach" there's really two, but there was only one on the turntable.
- When Gordon leaves Kirk Ronan he has Duck's whistle sound.
- How could Thomas arrive at Wellsworth before Gordon?
- In the close-up of Thomas' driver, Thomas is not pulling Annie and Clarabel.
In Other Languages
|Danish||Gordon og Grimlinen||Gordon and the Ugly Line|
|Norwegian||Gordon og Nissen||Gordon and the Gremlins|
|Swedish||Gordon och Nissarna||Gordon and Elves|
|French||Gordon et le Diablotin||Gordon and the Gremlin|
|Spanish||Gordon y el Duende||Gordon and the Gremlin|
|Portuguese||Gordon e a Demônio||Gordon and the Gremlin|
|Dutch||Gordon en de Kwelgeest||Gordon and the Tormentor|
|German||Die Kobolde und der Ehrengast||The Goblins and the Guest of Honour|
|Italian||Gordon e il Folletto||Gordon and the Goblin|
|Hungarian||Gordon és a Manó||Gordon and the Elves|
|Catalan||En Gordon i el Atormentador||Gordon and the Tormentor|
|Polish||Gabryś i Chochlik||Gordon and the Pixie|
|Slovenian||Gorazd in Škrat||Gordon and Dwarf|
|Slovak||Gordon a Škriatok||Gordon and the Elf|
|Welsh||Gordon a'r Gremlin||Gordon and the Gremlin|
|Romanian||Gordon şi Spiriduşii||Gordon and Trolls|
|Russian||Гордон и гремлины||Gordon and Gremlins|
|Japanese||ゴードンとおばけ||Gordon and the Ghost|
|Chinese||高登与小精灵||Gordon and the Elf|
|Korean||특별한 손님||Special Guest|
|Greek||Ο Τζόνι και τα ξωτικά||Gordon and the Elves|