|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the DVD or the VHS'.|
Happy Ever After is the nineteenth episode of the fifth season.
One day, Percy is taking some trucks to Brendam Docks when Terence, working in a field next to the line, tells him "it's a nice day for it." Percy is confused as to what "it" is, to which Terence reminds him Mrs. Kyndley's daughter is getting married today which he remembers and continues on his way. Further up the line, Mrs. Kyndley waves him down: when Percy's driver asks her what's wrong, Mrs. Kyndley has forgotten the good luck package for her. Percy, confused, asks what it is: Mrs. Kyndley says it contains "something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue." She then asks if they can help, his driver states they'll see what they can do.
At Wellsworth, Percy stops to take on water and asks Edward about the good luck package and how to find it. He says they may be closer than he thinks and leaves to pick up the guests for the wedding.
Arriving at the docks, Percy looks around and finds a new set of buffers on a flatbed, saying it fits as "something new." His driver speaks with the Foreman, who lets them use it as well as borrow the flatbed, satisfying the criteria in "something new" and "something borrowed" for the package. Percy takes them and his cars to Tidmouth Hault, where while shunting his train into a siding, he finds Old Slowcoach, who he and Thomas saved from being scrapped, and uses her for the "something old" object. Now only needing "something blue," Percy questions where he can find it and finally meets a ribbon-adorned Thomas as the "something blue" in the Fishing Village, where the wedding will take place. With the package complete, Percy's driver reveals to Percy that Mrs. Kyndley has chosen him to be her special guest, much to his delight.
At the church, the bride and groom leave the church for the reception just as the engines arrive. The Fat Controller announces the Good Luck Package, all found by Percy and his crew. The delighted bride thanks the engines and gives Percy a kiss, much to Thomas' mirth as Percy blushes. Later that night, Percy declares he loves weddings while Thomas cheekily asks if the green engine enjoyed his kiss: Percy, embarrassed, pretends he's asleep.
- Old Slow Coach
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mrs. Kyndley
- James (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Bulstrode makes a cameo, however he is missing his face and eye mechanism.
- The lines "Percy's unusual train was on its way" and "Soon they reached Tidmouth Hault" are not heard in the US narration.
- The model of Mrs. Kyndley used in this episode is different from the one used in Thomas' Christmas Party.
- This episode marks last of a several things:
- Terence's last speaking role to date.
- Old Slowcoach's last appearance to date.
- The last time Wellsworth Station is referred to as Edward's station.
- Annie and Clarabel are seen in their new coats of paint, which they wouldn't receive until Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday.
- Thomas, Old Slow Coach, and the new buffers all have a horseshoe on them, but the truck doesn't.
- When the bride and groom leave the church, "Here Comes the Bride" can be heard playing in the background. "Here Comes the Bride" is traditionally played at the beginning of a wedding.
- When Thomas and Percy are at the wedding in some side shots, you can see a gap between Thomas' eye and his face mask.
- In a rare picture, Percy is missing at the wedding.
- In this episode, Bulgy's Bridge has tracks running under it.
- Percy's lamp disappears when he is at the docks.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Por Siempre Felices||Happy Forever|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Sorte Viver Para Sempre||Live Luck Forever|
|French||Heureux Pour Toujours||Happy Forever|
|Norwegian||Lykkelig til Evig tid||Happy Ever After|
|Japanese||めでたし めでたし||Happy Ever After|
|Swedish||Slutet Gott, Allting Gott||Well That Ends Well|
|Welsh||Y Briodas||The Wedding|
|Polish||Żyli Długo i Szczęśliwie||They Lived Happily Ever After|
|Hungarian||A Szerencsecsomag||The Good Luck Package|
|Italian||E Vissero Felici e Contenti||They Lived Happily Ever After|
|Chinese||从此幸福快乐||Happily Ever After|
|Korean||행운의 선물||Luck Gifts|
|Danish||Det er så Yndigt||It Is So Lovely|
|Slovenian||Vso Srečo Ženin in Nevesta||Good Luck to the Bride and Groom|
|Russian||И жили они долго и счастливо||And They Lived Happily Ever After|
|Romanian||Fericiţi pe Vecie||Happy Forever|
|Slovak||Niekedy Šťastný||Ever Happy|
|Dutch||Nog lang en gelukkig||Happily Ever After|
|German||Das Viel-Glück-Paket||The Good-Luck Package|
Home Media Releases