|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
|Henry and the Elephant|
March 12th, 1995 (UK)
The big engines are happy to help when a circus comes to Sodor, but some days after the circus leaves Henry is asked to investigate a blockage in a tunnel. The "blockage" is revealed to be an elephant that escaped from the circus. The workmen give him cake and water and, when Henry unluckily lets off steam, the frightened elephant sprays water onto Henry. Gordon and James feel sorry for Henry but still tease him. Thomas tells Henry that he handled the situation rather well.
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Troublesome Engines.
- The story on which this episode is based took place before Tenders and Turntables and Henry getting sprayed by the elephant had been another contributing factor to the engines going on strike.
- The elephant sound effect was previously used in the movie, "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi".
- At the beginning of the story, Thomas has Edward's whistle sound.
- When Thomas arrives at Elsbridge at the beginning, the camera moves slightly to the left.
- When the workmen look at the elephant in the tunnel, one of them is missing his right eyebrow.
- James has Duck's whistle sound when he is helping out at the docks and when he takes the circus away.
- Brakevans should have been added to Thomas and Percy's trains.
- Gordon's buffers are crooked in the scene at Tidmouth Sheds.
- Take Along (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Books - Henry and the Elephant
- Step Into Reading Books - Henry and the Elephant
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Henry y el Elefante||Henry and the Elephant|
|Norwegian||Henry og elefanten||Henry and the Elephant|
|Japanese||トンネルのなかのかいぶつ||Monster in the Tunnel|
|German||Henry und der Elefant||Henry and the Elephant|
|Welsh||Henri a'r Eliffant||Henry and the Elephant|
|Russian||Генри и слон||Henry and the Elephant|
|Ukrainian||Генрi i слон||Henry and the Elephant|
|Finnish||Henri ja Elefantti||Henry and the Elephant|
|Dutch||Henry en de olifant||Henry and the Elephant|
|Hungarian||Henry és az Elefánt||Henry and the Elephant|
|Italian||Henry e l'elefante||Henry and the Elephant|
|Danish||Henry og Elefanten||Henry and the Elephant|
|Slovenian||Henrik in Slon||Henry and the Elephant|
|Chinese||亨利和大象||Henry and Elephants|
|Czech||Jindra a Slon||Henry and the Elephant|
|Romanian||Henry şi Elefantul||Henry and the Elephant|
|Slovak||Henry a Slon||Henry and the Elephant|
|Swedish||Henry och Elefanten||Henry and the Elephant|
|Polish||Henio i Słoń||Henry and the Elephant|
|Greek||Ο Τσάρλι και ο ελέφαντας||Henry and the Elephant|
|Thai||เฮนรี่โดนช้างเล่นงาน||Henry Attacked by Elephants|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Henry e o Elefante||Henry and the Elephant|