HiT Entertainment is the owner of the Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends.
HiT was originally formed as Henson International Television (hit!) in 1983 as a branch of the Jim Henson Company in order to coordinate the co-production of Fraggle Rock in London. This subsidary was sold and retains none of the original Henson company architecture except for the name. It later rebranded itself as "HiT Entertainment".
They later purchased Gullane Entertainment in 2003 and have since produced the series and merchandise. HiT first acquired the television rights for Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends in 2002, during the airing of the sixth season and the filming of the seventh.
On February 1st, 2012, it was announced that Mattel had purchased HiT Entertainment from Apax Partners for $680 million.
US VHS and DVD Releases
- Percy's Chocolate Crunch and Other Thomas Adventures
- James and the Red Balloon and Other Thomas Adventures
- Thomas' Snowy Surprise and Other Adventures
- Best of Gordon
- New Friends for Thomas and Other Adventures
- Thomas and the Jet Engine and Other Adventures
- The Early Years
- Hooray for Thomas and Other Adventures
- Percy Saves the Day and Other Adventures
- Thomas and the Really Brave Engines and Other Adventures
- Thomas' Halloween Adventures
UK DVD Releases
- The Complete First Series
- The Complete Second Series
- The Complete Third Series
- The Complete Fourth Series
- The Complete Fifth Series
- The Complete Sixth Series
- The Complete Seventh Series