|It's Only Snow|
26th September 2002 (UK)
It's Only Snow is the ninth episode of the sixth season.
It is winter on the Island of Sodor. The engines do not mind the weather because they love this time of the year, especially when the stations look festive due to the decorations. There is plenty of work with passengers and parcels to be delivered, no matter the weather. At Knapford Station, Edward tells the other engines that his driver said that there is more snow on the way. James, in an angry mood, says that they will soon be wearing their snowploughs, and Henry asks Thomas if he will be enjoying it. Thomas, also in an angry mood, tells them that he never will like it because he hates wearing his snowplough.
That night, the wind is blowing and the snow is falling heavily. In the morning, Thomas has to take a Christmas Tree to the village with Toby, and is very angry when he has to wear his old snowplough. The Fat Controller assures him that everyone needs to wear a snowplough during the winter. On the way to the village, Thomas' snowplough runs into a rock on the track. It flies off to the side, and destroys a water tower. Thomas' driver does not think they can continue, but Thomas is determined to reach the station. He pushes the snow away as hard as he can, and soon reaches the village. The villagers are very pleased with their tree.
The following morning, the Fat Controller praises Thomas' bravery taking on the snow without a snowplough. As a result of this, Thomas is told he will have to do without a snowplough for a while, leaving him feeling very proud.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Gordon (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- Dowager Hatt (cameo)
- Nancy (cameo)
- Salty (deleted scene)
- Stock footage from A Friend in Need is used.
- The scene of Thomas collecting the Christmas tree was originally at Brendam.
- This is the only time Thomas uses a snowplough other than his blue one.
- In Sweden this episode is named "Only Snow". In Denmark it is called "Snow".
- Thomas ploughs the snow away without his snowplough, but when he attempted this in previous episodes, he got stuck.
- The Fat Controller says that all of the engines need to wear snowploughs, but Edward is not wearing one.
- When Thomas hits the water tower, he derails yet still manages to carry on.
- Thomas has a different snowplough.
- Brakevans should have been added to Thomas and Percy's trains.
- When Thomas and Toby are at Maithwaite, Toby's face is loose.
- Magazine stories - It's Only Snow!
In Other Languages
|Japanese||たかがゆき||It's Only Snow|
|Norwegian||Det er bare Snø||It's Only Snow|
|Swedish||Bara Snö||Only Snow|
|Italian||Quanta neve!||How Much Snow!|
|Welsh||Dim Ond Eira||Just Snow|
|Hungarian||A Hóeke||The Snowplough|
|Russian||Это всего лишь снег||It's Just Snow|
|Slovenian||Saj je Samo Sneg||It's Just Snow|
|Czech||Je to Jen Sníh||It's Just Snow|
|Romanian||Zăpadă Pretutindeni||Snow Everywhere|
|Slovak||Je to Len Sneh||It's Just Snow|
|Polish||To Tylko Śnieg||It's Only Snow|
|Korean||트리 운반||Tree Transport|
|Dutch||Het is maar sneeuw||It's Only Snow|