Lady Hatt occasionally helps her husband with railway business, and the engines sometimes go to extreme lengths to help throw parties for her birthday. She likes the railway, but had a certain dislike for Annie and Clarabel until they were cleaned and repainted. Although her husband runs a railway, she likes a day out on a boat or in their car.
The engines are extremely fond of her and like when she visits the railway or rides in one of their coaches. A kind and gentle woman, Lady Hatt usually praises the engines for their good deeds.
Since the seventh season, Lady Hatt had usually worn a blue dress with white trim and a blue hat with a pink band and flower.
- Fu Suzuki (Japan; fifth and seventh seasons)
- According to Lady Hatt's Birthday Party, Lady Hatt's birthday is during the summer.
- Lady Hatt is the only human character to have a namecard.
- In the Magazines, Lady Hatt is commonly referred to as "Lady Topham Hatt". She is occasionally mistaken for Dowager Hatt also.
- Lady Hatt has changed a few times through the series:
- In the third season, Lady Hatt's appearance drastically changed.
- In the seventh season, she had less makeup on.