Maithwaite is a station on Thomas' branch line. It is located between Elsbridge and Hackenbeck. Maithwaite was once the winner of the Best Dressed Station award, despite some school boys vandalising the flower arrangements.
It first appeared in the fifth season and has appeared in every season since, except the seventeenth.
- The exact location of the station was quite a mystery until 2014, when a revised television series map of Sodor cleared it up. A map from a Blue Mountain Mystery bonus feature had previously shown it situated in the east of Arlesburgh, but the map probably mistook it for Marthwaite.
- Maithwaite used to be on display at Nitrogen Studios.
- Tidmouth Bay also reused Maithwaite's building.
- Toby once said that Maithwaite was his favourite station.
- In The Great Festival Adventure, a water tower was placed on the platform.
- Maithwaite has had numerous modifications throughout the years: