|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the DVD'.|
Make Someone Happy is the twenty-second episode of the fifth season.
After James boasts about himself, Thomas tells him to think of other people. And when Mrs. Kyndley discovers her sister cannot visit her, James is happy when Harold gives her a ride. James later takes Mrs. Kyndley on a mystery tour and Mrs. Kyndley is delighted when she gets to open the seaside fair.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mrs. Kyndley
- Tiger Moth (does not speak)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Donald (cameo)
- Skarloey (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Kirk Ronan
- Tidmouth Hault
- The Fishing Village
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Shunting Yards
- The Scottish Castle
- The Lighthouse
- Stock footage from Four Little Engines, Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady, Thomas and the Rumours and Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday.
- The model of Mrs. Kyndley used in this episode is different from the one used previously.
- The fairground carousel plays a calliope version of the original theme tune.
- This episode marks the last of a few things:
- Mrs. Kyndley's last speaking role to date.
- The last appearance of Kirk Ronan station in the television series to date.
- The last appearance of the Tar Tankers.
- Annie and Clarabel are seen in their old liveries in stock footage and in a later scene.
- After Mrs. Kyndley says, "My sister has rung to tell me she can't come to stay with me! I was so looking forward to her visit!" James releases steam but no sound is heard.
- In the German dub of this episode, when Percy and Oliver arrive at Brendam Docks, Manfred Steffen incorrectly refers to Oliver as Thomas.
- When Harold takes off at Dryaw, Percy is seen pulling tankers, but he was supposed to be with Oliver. Additionally, Percy's lamp disappears for the rest of the episode, apart from the end.
- Because stock footage is used, Peter Sam has his old funnel.
- When James leaves the yards, docks, and Kirk Ronan, he has his fourth season whistle sound.
- Some of the stalls at the fair change positions.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||ひとだすけ||An Act Of Mercy|
|German||Mach' jemand Anders eine Freude||Make Someone Else a Joy|
|Dutch||Iemand blij maken||Make Someone Happy|
|Swedish||Gör någon glad||Make Someone Happy|
|Spanish||Haz Feliz A Alguien||Make Someone Happy|
|Greek||Κάντε κάποιον ευτυχισμένο||Make Someone Happy|
|Czech||Udělat někomu radost||Make Someone Happy|
|Italian||Fai Felice Qualcuno!||Make Someone Happy!|
|Hungarian||A vidámpark||The Theme Park|
|Korean||정말 기분 좋은 일||I Feel Really Good|
|Slovenian||Lepo je nekoga osrečiti||It's Nice to Bless Someone|
|Russian||Сделай кого нибудь счастливым||Make Somebody Happy|
|Romanian||Să Faci pe Cineva Fericit||Make Someone Happy|
|Slovak||Práca pre radosť||Working for Joy|
|Norwegian||Å Gjøre Noen Andre Glad||Making Someone Else Happy|
|Danish||Glæden ved at glæde andre||The Joy of Joy to Others|
|French||Rendre quelqu'un heureux||Make Someone Happy|
|Thai||หัวรถจักรได้สนุกกับงานรื่นเริง||Engine Enjoy the Carnival|
Home Media Releases