The Milk Tankers
The Milk Tankers are painted white with "TIDMOUTH MILK" in blue on the sides. They are used to carry milk from local farms to the dairy at Elsbridge. Toby collects one from the dairy each morning on his way to Anopha with the quarrymen, and leaves it at Ffarquhar to be loaded. After being loaded, the van is coupled behind Clarabel and taken to the dairy on Thomas' first train. While Thomas was away having his front mended, a diesel railcar named Daisy was brought to do his work. Daisy, who was then a lazy sort, did mind, and refused to pull the van, and so much to their annoyance Toby and Percy had to make special trips to deliver the milk. However, now that Daisy has learnt sense, she sometimes takes the milk instead of Thomas.
- ERTL (discontinued; with a tar wagon)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- TOMY/TrackMaster (with Diesel)
- Bandai Tecs
- Bachmann (HO and large scale)
- Lionel Trains
- My First Thomas
- Wind-up Trains
The Milk Van
|The Milk Van|
The Milk Van is an old-fashioned van with two pairs of doors and "NW" written on the sides in yellow letters.
Every morning the van is coupled to Thomas' first train, the farmers sent the milk to the stations, and Thomas delivers the milk to the Dairy. When Daisy was preparing for her first train, she refused to pull the van once it was coupled to her, saying it is "bad for her swerves.", and blew a fuse on purpose. Percy and Toby had to take the van in Thomas' absence and Daisy's refusal. However, now that Daisy has learnt sense, she sometimes takes the milk instead of Thomas.
The milk van is based on the Great Western Railway's four-wheel slatted side milk van.
The milk van is painted chocolate brown with a light grey roof, and with "NW" in yellow paint on both sides. The letters "NW" was later repainted on both sides in white paint. In the My Thomas Story Library books, the milk van was painted dark blue with white lettering reading "MILK" on both sides.
- Branch Line Engines
- Really Useful Engines
- More About Thomas the Tank Engine
- Toby, Trucks and Trouble
- Thomas Comes Home
- Wilbert the Forest Engine (mentioned)
- In the Railway Series, the milk van is a four-wheeled wagon, while the original model belonging to Reverend W. Awdry was a six-wheeled wagon and based on a cattle wagon.
- In the television series, the milk van was replaced with a milk tanker, though it was still referred as a van.