October 17th, 1998
Oliver's Find is the eighteenth episode of the fifth season.
Oliver accidentally pushes some trucks into the turntable well and is transferred to the mail route. One night, he accidentally runs onto an old branch line and crashes into a shed. Harold goes looking for him and when they find Oliver, the Fat Controller spies a disused house and has an idea to renovate it into a teahouse.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Henry (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Mavis (cameo)
- S. C. Ruffey (cameo)
- Percy (mentioned)
- Pre-filmed footage from Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday and stock footage from Bye George! and Put Upon Percy is used. Footage from the latter isn't cut properly, as S. C. Ruffey can be seen in the mine.
- When Oliver first passes the boats and barges with the post train, to the far left, Bulstrode's model without his face or eye mechanism can be seen.
- A rare picture shows Oliver passing through Tidmouth Hault.
- The picture of Duke from Bulldog is in the signal box.
- When the narrator says "...and he was rough with the trucks", music is heard in the UK version but not in the US version.
- In the American narration, the line "They waited and waited" is omitted.
- In the British narration, the narrator says "old rundown station", whereas in the American narration, the narrator only says "old station".
- The yard Oliver is in at the beginning of the episode is the Tidmouth Sheds set extensively redressed.
- In the American narration, Oliver and Toad gain British accents.
- A rare image implies that Henry and James were intended to have larger roles.
- In the UK narration, Michael Angelis' name is not present during the intro.
- When Oliver bumps the trucks, they are facing him, but when they crash into the turntable, they are facing the other way.
- Oliver should be working on the Little Western with Duck, not shunting trucks in the yard.
- Oliver's driver should have known not to pass the red signal.
- Oddly, when Oliver takes the post train, Toad is not his brakevan.
- When Oliver goes along the coastal track, his last van bounces.
- A brakevan should have been added to Mavis' train.
- In a deleted scene, Henry's tender doesn't have coal in it.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Olivers oppdagelse||Oliver's Discovery|
|German||Olivers Entdeckung||Oliver's Discovery|
|Italian||La scoperta di Oliver||The Discovery of Oliver|
|Japanese||オリバーのはっけん||The Discovery of Oliver|
|Hungarian||Oliver a felfedező||Oliver the Explorer|
|Welsh||Rhywbeth diddorol||Something Interesting|
|Dutch||Wat Oliver vond||What Oliver Found|
|Slovenian||Oliverjeva najdba||Oliver's Discovery|
|Korean||우울한 올리버||Gloomy Oliver|
|Romanian||Descoperirea lui Oliver||Oliver's Discovery|
|Danish||Olivers Fund||Oliver Finds|
|Slovak||Oliverov Objav||Oliver's Discovery|
|Polish||Odkrycie Olka||Oliver's Discovery|
|Russian||Находка Оливера||Finding Oliver|
|Swedish||Olivers fynd||Oliver Finds|
|Thai||โอลิเวอร์ได้พบสิ่งที่มีประโยชน์||Oliver Founds Something Useful|