Percy Gets it Right is the second episode of the seventh season.
During the autumn, Percy is puffing along Toby's old line with a train of tomatoes to take to market. But suddenly, he crosses over a wobbly section of track. His driver inspects the line, and sees that the earth under the track is crumbling. Percy decides to tell the Fat Controller.
Later, Percy steams into the yard and announces that the track on Toby's line is wobbly. Gordon grumbles and tells him that the track being wobbly is not important news, and leaves. Percy thinks that Gordon never listens to him.
Next, Percy tries to tell the Fat Controller, but he does not listen either as he's busy talking to Thomas. The Fat Controller tells Thomas to go and collect the prize bull from the farm on Toby's line, which prompts Percy to warn the Fat Controller that the line is wobbly, but he dismisses this and says that it's fine. Percy begins to think that nobody ever listens to him.
Thomas collects the bull and sets off on his way. It is raining and the tracks are more wobbly then ever. Up ahead, a landslide occurs right in front of Thomas. He tries to stop, but runs into the soft dirt and gets stuck.
Later that night, Percy is worried that Thomas has not returned to the sheds yet. Gordon and James take no notice, but Percy's driver believes him and they set off to find Thomas.
The tracks wobble as Percy puffs along, but he is determined. At last, he finds Thomas buried under the dirt. The two friends are very happy to see each other. Percy pulls Thomas out and helps him get back home.
When they arrive at the station, the Fat Controller is waiting. Thomas announces that Percy saved him, and even the bull agrees. The Fat Controller apologises to Percy, and promises that everyone will do a better job of listening to him in future. Percy is very pleased to hear this.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Toby (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Donald (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Stock footage from Thomas and the Rumours and Let's Have a Race is used.
- This is the only episode to use stock footage from a music video.
- In Sweden this episode is called "Percy is Correct".
- Percy stops after he has passed the loose rails, but his trucks are still on them. When the guard puts warning flags out, the trucks are out of the way.
- When Percy arrives at the yard, he gains a truck.
- When Thomas crashes into the dirt, his wheels are moving, but in the next shot, they have suddenly stopped.
- In the UK version, Percy's theme is faster than it normally is.
- When Percy pulls Thomas out of the landslide, Thomas' wheels don't turn.
- When Thomas and Percy arrive at Maithwate, a camera shadow can be seen.
- A brakevan should have been added to Duck's train.
- It seems very unlikely that it took Percy until morning to get Thomas back to the Fat Controller.
- Toby's line should have been shut down long ago.
- The term "guard" is used in the US narration.
- The narrator says "Thomas and his driver were free", making no mention of the fireman.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||パーシーのいったとおり||It's Just As Percy Said|
|Swedish||Percy gör rätt||Percy is Right|
|Italian||Percy ha Ragione||Percy is Right|
|Dutch||Percy Had Gelijk||Percy Was Right|
|Russian||Перси понимает правильно||Percy Gets Right|
|Romanian||Percy Îndreaptă Lucrurile||Percy Sets the Record Straight|
|Slovak||Percy pomáha||Percy Helps|
|Hungarian||Percynek Igaza Van||Percy, You're There|
|Polish||Słuchajcie Piotrusia||Listen to Percy|
|Chinese||培西是正确的||Percy is Correct|
|Korean||퍼시의 경고||Percy's Warning|
|Danish||Percy på sporet||Percy on the Track|
|Thai||เพอร์ซีทำได้||Percy is Done|