|Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady|
Reverend W. Awdry
After causing trouble the day before, The Fat Controller has confined Sir Handel to the shed for several days. Peter Sam is now single-handedly running the Skarloey Railway and extremely excited about his new position, despite Skarloey warning him to keep calm. One morning, despite his best efforts, Peter Sam is late to Crovan's Gate. Henry is unimpressed and threatens to leave without his passengers next time. Peter Sam is secretly worried, but soon gets back to work, happy to be running the Skarloey Railway. He begins singing to himself and the coaches happily follow along.
Later that afternoon, Peter Sam makes his scheduled hour-long stop at the Lakeside Station. Whilst there, the crew buy tea and cakes from the refreshment shop at the station. The lady who runs the shop always catches this train home. Peter Sam begins to worry about missing Henry's train as the crew and passengers return. As the Refreshment Lady approaches the platform, Peter Sam suddenly starts, thinking he heard the guard's whistle, whilst the guard believes Peter Sam was simply being too impatient. Whatever the cause was, the coaches quickly tell him of his mistake, causing him to stop and allow the Refreshment Lady on the train.
Fearing that he'll miss Henry, Peter Sam races back to Crovan's Gate as fast as he can. To his relief, he arrives to find that Henry is still there. The Refreshment Lady is cross at Peter Sam and tries to know why he left her behind. Upon hearing his apology and explanation, however, she laughs and explains that Henry was only joking: as a guaranteed connection, he has to wait for the passengers. Peter Sam is furious and is determined to give the larger engine a piece of his mind, but by this point, Henry had already left the station.
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- Refreshment Lady
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Crovan's Gate
- The Skarloey Railway Viaduct
- Neptune Refreshments
- Sodor Castle
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Four Little Engines.
- Stock footage from A Bad Day for Sir Handel is used.
- The modified model of OJ from TUGS appears in the water as Peter Sam enters the lake station.
- The audience wouldn't know who Duncan is, since he wasn't introduced until Home at Last.
- In several scenes Henry has Gordon's cross face on.
- Rheneas appears briefly, but he's supposed to be at the Works.
- When Peter Sam puffs by singing his eyes are wonky.
- In the American narration George Carlin says "guard" instead of "conductor" twice.
- As Peter Sam crosses the viaduct the end of the set can be seen.
- Duncan appears briefly, even though he has not been introduced yet.
- When Peter Sam puffs backwards his wheels are moving faster than he is.
- In a close-up of Peter Sam's whistle, the whistle shown is Duck's.
- When Peter Sam leaves the station with the Refreshment Lady, the coaches are facing froward, but in the following scenes they are facing backwards. And later when he arrives at the station, they are facing forward again.
- When Peter Sam talks to the Refreshment Lady at the end, blu-tak can be seen under his face.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Peter Sam y la mujer olvidada||Peter Sam and the Forgotten Woman|
|Norwegian||Peter Sam og serveringsdamen||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady|
|Japanese||からかわれたピーター・サム||Peter Sam was Made Fun of|
|Czech||Petr a dáma z bufetu||Peter and the Lady From Refreshment|
|Danish||Peter Sam og servitricen||Peter Sam and the Waitress|
|Dutch||Peter Sam en de koffiejuffrouw||Peter Sam and the Tea Lady|
|German||Peter Sam und die Imbissfrau||Peter Sam and the Snack Women|
|Finnish||Peter Sam ja Kahvilan Rouva||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady|
|Italian||Peter Sam e la Ristoratrice||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady|
|Chinese||彼得萨姆和餐车女士||Peter Sam and the Diner Lady|
|Slovenian||Peterček in natakarica||Peter Sam and Waitress|
|Polish||Piotruś Sam i Pani Ekspedientka||Peter Sam and Mrs. Saleswoman|
|Romanian||Peter Sam şi Vânzătoarea de Răcoritoare||Peter Sam and the Soda Shop Assistant|
|Slovak||Peter Sam a občerstvenie u pani Lady||Peter Sam and the Snack Lady|
|Hungarian||Peter Sam és a Frissítőárus Hölgy||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady Florist|
|Swedish||Peter Sam och förfriskningar kvinnan||Peter Sam and Refreshment's Woman|
|Russian||Питер Сэм и хозяйка магазина||Peter Sam and the Mistress of the Shop|
|Ukrainian||Пiтер Сем i Лимонадниця||Peter Sam and the Lemonade Stand|
|Greek||Πέδρο και η κυρία Αναψυκτήριο||Peter Sam and Ms. Fresher|
|Thai||ปีเตอร์แซมรีบร้อน||Hurry Peter Sam|