Rheneas and the Roller Coaster is the twelfth episode of the seventh season.
Sir Topham Hatt gave Rheneas the task of taking some school children to the mountains, but Rheneas was worried that he might not be able to make the trip memorable. Rheneas arrived at the station asking Rusty how he can make the children's day special. Rusty tells him that he knows the mountains better, but Rheneas was not sure his best would be exciting.
Rheneas' driver shows the children the Castle, the Valley and the Viaduct during the trip. The children was surprised, but Rheneas considers the locations boring and longs for more excitement. Meanwhile Rusty was inspecting some track on the Rocky Ridge Line after heavy rain washed the ground make the track bumpy.
While Rheneas was still trying to make the children's trip special, he was diverted onto the dangerous line sending him on a roller coaster-like ride down the mountain. The children are very excited and have a wonderful time. Rheneas makes it to the station safely in time for the children's tea, but was worried that Sir Topham Hatt would be cross. The children had an exciting ride after all and Sir Topham Hatt was pleased with Rheneas and praises him as a Really Useful Engine.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Teacher
- Skarloey (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo; role replaced with Rheneas)
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Tea Room Station
- Sodor Castle
- Whispering Waterfall
- Valley View
- Rheneas Viaduct
- The Old Wooden Bridge
- Trestle Bridge
- Rocky Ridge Line
- Skarloey Bridge
- Going by production order, this is the thirteenth episode of the seventh season.
- According to a SiF interview with Robert Gauld-Galliers, Peter Sam was originally meant to be the main character. Coaches resembling Ada, Jane and Mabel were also set to appear.
- The teacher is really the storyteller dressed up.
- The second shot of the episode features unused footage from the sixth season.
- The UK narration paired with the original music of the episode along with What's the Matter with Henry? did not come out on home video until they were released on DVD in the UK as part of The Complete Seventh Series.
- This is the third episode to use a rendition of the William Tell Overture (Finale); the first being Busy Going Backwards, and the second being Thomas the Jet Engine. However, this is only in the original UK narration and international versions.
- The UK used the redubbed music on the UK DVD, Bumper Party Collection! as it was never aired on TV.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- My Thomas Story Library - Rheneas (discontinued)
In Other Languages
|Japanese||レニアスのジェットコースター||Rheneas of Roller Coaster|
|Swedish||Berg- och dalbanan||The Roller Coaster|
|Welsh||Rheinas a'r Chwrligwgan||Rheneas and the Spinning-Top|
|Italian||Sulle Montagne Russe||On the Roller Coaster|
|Welsh||Rheinas a'r Chwrligwgan||Rheinas and the Carousel|
|Hungarian||Az iskolai kirándulás||The School Trip|
|Russian||Ренеас и американские горки||Rheneas and the Roller Coaster|
|Romanian||Rheneas şi Roller Coaster-ul||Rheneas and the Roller Coaster|
|Slovak||Rheneas a horská dráha||Rheneas and the Roller Coasters|
|Chinese||瑞尼斯与过山车||Rheneas and the Roller Coaster|
|Korean||레니아의 임무||Rheneas' Mission|
|Polish||Radek i Kolejka Górska||Rheneas and the Round Mountain|
|Serbian||Rene i brdska železnica||Rheneas and Mountain Railways|