September 4th, 2002
Scaredy Engines is the twelfth episode of the sixth season.
One Halloween, after Edward tells the other engines a story of a ghost engine that returns to the Smelters in search of his lost whistle, Thomas, Percy, and Duck are sent to collect a special from the smelters. Thomas delights in teasing Percy about Edward's ghost engine, and so when an engine is needed to get another load Duck volunteers Thomas. Thomas is not so confident when he is all alone, and when he runs into some chains and sets off a whistle he is petrified and runs away. Percy is concerned when he cannot find Thomas at the Halloween fireworks and goes looking for him. He eventually sees him at Tidmouth Sheds and forgives him for his teasing, and the two watch the fireworks together.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Donald (not named)
- Toby (cameo)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Bertie (cameo)
- Caroline (cameo)
- George (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Nancy (cameo)
- The ghost engine uses either Donald or Douglas' model, minus the tender and nameplate.
- In Sweden this episode is called "Easily Frightened Engines". In Denmark its title is "Ghost Locomotive".
- In the rear shot of Percy and Duck arriving at the castle, a red wire is visible underneath Duck.
- A steam platform is visible on Percy's track when he puffs out of the shed and in one shot of him working at the smelter's.
- In the American narration, it is said that Thomas sets off an old steam whistle long before he actually does.
- Brakevans should have been added to Percy and Duck's trains.
- Duck and Percy's trucks disappear at Callan.