|This article is about the engine. You may be looking for the mountain.|
Shane Dooiney was built at the Swiss Locomotive and Machine Works in Winterthur, Switzerland in 1900. He arrived on Sodor along with Godred, Ernest, Wilfred, and Culdee in time for the railway's Inspection in March 1900.
When the newly built Alaric arrived in May 1962, he was freed up to be sent away to Switzerland for a major overhaul. He was the last engine to make the journey from Sodor to Switzerland; from then on, all subsequent overhauls took place at Crovan's Gate.
Shane Dooiney is painted purple with orange lining. The number "5" is painted on the sides and back of his cab in yellow and he has red nameplates, with his name in gold on the sides of his tanks.
- 1979 - Annual (not named; mentioned)
- 1987 - The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways (mentioned)
- 1996 - Thomas the Tank Engine: The Complete Collection (not named; mentioned)
- 2005 - Sodor: Reading Between the Lines (mentioned)
- His name was not revealed until the publication of The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways.
- His name is Sudric for "The Old Man".
|Culdee Fell Railway|
|Godred • Ernest • Wilfred • Culdee • Shane Dooiney • Lord Harry/6/Patrick • Alaric • Eric|