| Snow Engine/|
Oliver the Snow Engine
November 19th, 2003
Snow Engine, retitled Oliver the Snow Engine in American releases, is the fourteenth episode of the seventh season.
Oliver hates the snow and is upset when he has to take a special to a mountain village. On the way there, he sees some children building a huge snowman. Unfortunately, Oliver slips on the icy rails and ends up crashing into the stomach of the children's snowman. It is too late to rescue Oliver so, when the children see Oliver fast asleep the next morning, they think the snowman has grown eyes in its stomach.
Nowadays, Oliver appreciates the snow. Toad, on the other hand, has changed his mind.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Stephen Hatt
- Duck (does not speak)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Nancy (cameo)
- Stock footage from Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure is used.
- Toad was facing in the opposite direction from Oliver, but when Oliver derails he slides up alongside him.
- The snowman should have melted, as Oliver's boiler would have still been hot.
- Throughout the episode, Oliver is missing his right (viewer's left) lamp iron.
- It would have been impossible for the children to build the snowman that high, especially not in one day.
- Some of the children are wearing shorts in the snow.
- Toad is smiling when he derails.
- The narrator said that the village inn had a toasty warm room for Oliver's driver, but the fireman and guard aren't mentioned.