Spencer is a sleek engine privately owned by the Duke and Duchess of Boxford.
During his first visit to Sodor, Spencer took the Duke and Duchess of Boxford on a trip around Sodor. He ignored Gordon's warnings about taking on water and thus ran out; however, he blamed the incident on a leaky tank.
Spencer is very arrogant and pompous and considers himself to be above doing menial duties such as shunting. None of the engines like him, especially Thomas and Gordon. When he came to build the summer house, Spencer proved himself to be very nosey, sneaky and rather neglectful. Despite being closely related, Gordon and Spencer have never gotten on very well with each other. This is mainly because of his pompous behavior, which exceeds even that of Gordon's.
Spencer is an LNER Class A4 pacific. Mallard is also a member of this class.
Spencer is painted blue-grey with black lining.
- Spencer's TV series model is based on an A4 Pacific, however it was slightly modified. The smokebox was much less angled then it should have been due to the eye mechanism inside. This trait was carried on into the CGI switchover.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (several versions)
- Take-Along (normal and metallic; discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued outside Asia)
- TrackMaster (normal, coal mustache, and talking version)
- Wind-up Trains
|98462 and 87546 • The Workshop Engines • The Foreign Engines • The Foreign Engine • The Derailed Engine • Jinty and Pug • The Diesel • The Scrapyard Engines • 199 • The Passing Diesel • Other Railway Diesels • King James I • Old Stuck-Up • Toby's Brothers • 8783 • The Old Engine • The Diesel Shunter • 31120 • 10751 • Wilbert • Sixteen • Sixteen's Friends • Albert • Bahamas • D5705 • Pretty Polly • British Railways • Lady • Silver Jubilee • Helena|