There are many different types of tankers on the Island of Sodor and other railways used to carry various kinds of liquids. They usually have had very little influence in stories. They are also referred to as wagons or trucks and were only depicted with faces in the fourth season episode, Toad Stands By.
There are black, white, brown, silver, grey, and yellow tankers used to carry various liquids. In the Railway Series, there has been tankers painted green, red, black and orange and some have carried logos from companies such as BP and Shell.
- The faces on the tankers were reused from the Slate Trucks.
- A yellow tanker in a Railway Series illustration is the only time a tanker has been seen with a face in the books.
- Motor Road and Rail (only in Asia and Australia with a face)
- Wind-up Trains (Asia only)
- My First Thomas (Sugar Tanker)
- Interactive Learning Railway (Soap Tanker)
- Take-n-Play (Various versions)