| The Biggest Ever|
November 11, 1996
100 mins (UK VHS)
Story and Song
The Biggest Ever Christmas Collection, renamed The Best Ever Christmas Collection in New Zealand, is a UK/AUS/New Zealand VHS featuring four first season episodes and four second season episodes narrated by Ringo Starr, seven third season episodes and two fourth season episodes narrated by Michael Angelis, and one song. In New Zealand, the third season episodes were narrated by George Carlin. It was re-released in 2002 as Christmas Fun Tape.
This special presentation features one and a half hours of Thomas' favourite Christmas stories. Narrated by Ringo Starr and Michael Angelis, this festive video is packed loads of exciting adventures about Thomas and his Friends.
- Thomas and the Guard
- Thomas, Terence and the Snow
- The Flying Kipper
- Thomas' Christmas Party
- Old Iron
- Pop Goes the Diesel
- The Diseasel
- Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- A Scarf for Percy
- Time for Trouble
- Trust Thomas
- One Good Turn
- Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure/Thomas and Percy's Mountain Adventure
- Sleeping Beauty
- Thomas' Christmas Song - Sung by The Four Marks Beaver Scouts. (UK only)
- The 2002 UK release included a Motor Road and Rail Thomas.
- On the front cover of the UK release, Thomas is mirrored.
- The New Zealand release is one of two releases to feature both George Carlin and Michael Angelis narrating episodes, Bumper Video Collection Volume 5 being the other.
- Due to the episodes being taken from the Endeavour Entertainment masters, the New Zealand release features the Nameboard sequences, and the end of Thomas' Christmas Party uses red coloured text, whilst the UK/Australian release uses yellow coloured text.
- On the New Zealand release, starting with the intro to One Good Turn, the audio drastically increases in volume.
- Several mistakes are present on the New Zealand release:
- On the back cover, only Ringo Starr and Michael Angelis are listed as the narrators, but George Carlin narrates the third season episodes. Thomas and Percy's Mountain Adventure also has the UK title, despite being the American dub.
- During the nameboard sequence between The Flying Kipper and Thomas' Christmas Party, Thomas' nameboard is used twice.
- Just as the end credits of Pop Goes the Diesel come to a close, the footage and sound slow down for a second before reverting back to the original pitch and tempo. Upon viewing, this can be assumed to be a playback error if one was to watch it, but it has been proven to be an editing error.
- At the very end of Thomas and Percy's Mountain Adventure, the word, 'Thanksgiving,' is cut off before Sleeping Beauty starts.
- The first few seconds of several episodes are cut off.