The Refreshment Lady's Tea Shop, retitled The Refreshment Lady's Stand in American releases, is the eighth episode of the seventh season.
It is summer and the narrow gauge engines are busy as usual. The hot sun makes the passengers very thirsty which keeps the refreshment lady very busy. The Fat Controller gives Peter Sam the job of taking her around the railway to find a suitable spot for a new tea room. Peter Sam is sure that he can find her a beautiful place.
Peter Sam takes the refreshment lady across bridges, through the woods, across the causeway and past Whispering Waterfall. But at the end of the day, the refreshment lady can't decide which place she likes best, wishing she could build a shop at each place. Peter Sam is disappointed and does not feel useful at all.
That night, a storm rolls across the island. The little engines stay in their sheds talking about the storm, but Peter Sam is still thinking about the refreshment lady's tea room. The next morning, the Fat Controller gives Peter Sam the job of helping Rusty clear up the storm damage. Peter Sam is happy to feel useful again. He finds Rusty next to a shed which has been blown off the tracks. Then Peter Sam realises it is not a shed, but it is a rusty old coach. This gives him an idea.
Peter Sam takes the coach to the Fat Controller and his driver explains how the coach could be turned into a tea room. The Fat Controller is sure it can be repaired, and he is right. In no time, the coach has been turned into a beautiful tea room on wheels. Peter Sam shows it to the refreshment lady who is delighted to see her brand new tea room. The Fat Controller tells Peter Sam to pull the tea room around the railway.
Now the refreshment lady serves tea at all of her favourite places across the railway. Peter Sam is very happy too.
- Peter Sam
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Refreshment Lady
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Jem Cole (mentioned)
- Woodland Way
- Whispering Waterfall
- Skarloey Railway Slate Quarry
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Going by production order, this is the twelfth episode of the seventh season.
- Stock footage from Rusty Saves the Day is used.
- The Welsh version of this episode is the only version where the Refreshment Lady has a name.
- Emily's theme is used at the end of the episode.
- The Refreshment Lady changes appearance from Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady.
- When Peter Sam says "I can find her a beautiful place", an eyelash is stuck above his bufferbeam.
- Rusty and the narrator both address the coach as a shed, despite the obvious fact that it is not.
- The American title of this episode is "The Refreshment Lady's Stand", but the sign still says "Tea Room".
- Throughout the episode, Peter Sam has Duncan's whistle sound.
- Brakevans should have been added to Skarloey, Rheneas, and Peter Sam's trains.
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
In Other Languages
|Japanese||ピーター･サムとティールーム||Peter Sam and the Tea Room|
|Danish||Den rullende café||The Rolling Cafe|
|Swedish||Tésorvoringon||The Tea Serving|
|Welsh||Caffi Newydd Ceinwen||Ceinwen's New Café|
|Italian||La Sala da Tè||The Tea Room|
|Romanian||Peter Sam şi Chioşcul de Răcoritoare||Peter Sam and the Refreshments Kiosk|
|Slovak||Čajoví obchod pani Lady||Wake Up Shop, Miss Lady|
|Hungarian||A Frissítőárus Hölgy Teázója||The Refreshment Lady's Tea Room Florist|
|Chinese||点心夫人的茶叶店||Dessert Lady's Tea Shop|
|Korean||간이 식당차||Simple Diner|
|Russian||Кафе для буфетчицы||Cafe for Barmaid|
|Polish||Herbaciarnia Pani Ekspedientki||Tearoom Ms. Assistants|
|Serbian||Kuća čaja||Tea House|