|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the VHS.|
|Thomas and Stepney|
Reverend W. Awdry
Thomas is shocked to learn that there is an engine with a branch line as famous as his and that the engine might visit. The engine, Stepney, has gotten bored with the Bluebell Railway and is delighted to discover he has been invited to visit the North Western Railway. When Thomas hears the news, he is jealous and refuses to meet Stepney, but the others welcome him and he works with Duck happily all day. When it's time for Thomas' last train, he is furious to be shunted to let another train pass, and amazed to find Stepney pulling it. Thomas grumbles next morning, but Stepney explains the situation and flatters Thomas, who proceeds to tell Stepney about his branch line.
- Duck (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- The Vicar of Wellsworth (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Bluebell Valley Station
- Stepney's Branch Line
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Shunting Yards
- This episode is based on the stories Bluebells of England and Stepney's Special from The Railway Series book, Stepney the "Bluebell" Engine.
- When the special is ordered, music isn't heard in the early UK and US versions.
- Some whistle sounds are missing in the early UK and US versions.
- While the engines wait for Stepney, a tar wagon, perched on another tar wagon, is visible behind Gordon and Henry.
- A single passenger shouldn't need two coaches.
- Stepney has Smudger's whistle sound in the US version and Rheneas' in the UK. Rheneas' whistle is used once in the early UK and US versions as well.
- Stepney has Duke's whistle sound when he is working with Duck.
- In the early UK and US versions, when Percy finishes talking about Stepney, his whistle sound is higher pitched.
- In the UK version, Gordon, Douglas, and Duck have the same whistle sound.
- George Carlin says "Stop all train!" instead of "Stop all trains!".
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Thomas y Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|German||Stepneys Fahrt||Stepney's Trip|
|Norwegian||Thomas og Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Japanese||トーマスとステップニー||Thomas and Stepney|
|Finnish||Severi Vauhdissa||Stepney's Pace|
|Polish||Tomek i Stefcio||Thomas and Stepney|
|Dutch||Thomas en Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Russian||Томас и Степни||Thomas and Stepney|
|Ukrainian||Томас i Степнi||Thomas and Stepney|
|Welsh||Trên Arbennig||Special Train|
|Italian||Thomas e Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Hungarian||Thomas és Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Slovenian||Tomaž in Gustek||Thomas and Stepney|
|Chinese||托马斯和斯特普尼||Thomas and Stepney|
|Danish||Thomas og Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Romanian||Thomas şi Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Slovak||Thomas a Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Czech||Tomáš a Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Swedish||Thomas och Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Greek||Ο Τόμας και Ο Στέπνί||Thomas and Stepney|
|Thai||สเตปนีมาเยี่ยมเพื่อนหัวรถจักร||Stepney Visiting Friends Engine|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Thomas e Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 3||Season 4||Season 5 >>|
|#01||Granpuff||#10||Rock 'n' Roll||#19||Henry and the Elephant|
|#02||Sleeping Beauty||#11||Special Funnel||#20||Toad Stands By|
|#03||Bulldog||#12||Steam Roller||#21||Bulls Eyes|
|#04||You Can't Win||#13||Passengers and Polish||#22||Thomas and the Special Letter|
|#05||Four Little Engines (episode)||#14||Gallant Old Engine (episode)||#23||Paint Pots and Queens|
|#06||A Bad Day for Sir Handel||#15||Rusty to the Rescue||#24||Fish|
|#07||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady||#16||Thomas and Stepney||#25||Special Attraction|
|#08||Trucks (episode)||#17||Train Stops Play||#26||Mind that Bike|
|#09||Home at Last||#18||Bowled Out||