|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the landmark.|
| Toby's Windmill/|
Toby and the Windmill
17th October 2003 (UK)
Toby's Windmill, retitled Toby and the Windmill in American releases, is the tenth episode of the seventh season.
Toby's favorite place on the Island is the old windmill that belongs to his friend, the miller. One day however, Toby is on his way to collect some flour, but gets so distracted by the sight of the sails going round, he accidentally damages the flour sacks in the trucks. This makes the miller very upset ,as this might put him out of a job.
Toby goes home to his shed sad about the trouble he had caused. That night, a fierce storm sweeps across Sodor and the windmill gets struck by lightning, setting is ablaze! The following morning, Toby carefully puffs along seeing the damage the storm caused - including the old windmill. The miller is now out of a job, as he can't afford any timber. Wishing to make up for his carelessness, Toby tries his best to help.
Luckily, Toby discovers a fallen tree which Harvey and Terence are trying to clear away from the tracks. Toby tells the Fat Controller that the fallen tree will provide the timber required to mend the miller's windmill. The Fat Controller and the miller agree to Toby's idea and, several days later, the old windmill is restored to full working order. The miller is very grateful and now calls the windmill "Toby's Windmill".
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Dusty Miller (not named)
- Harvey (does not speak)
- Terence (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- George (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- Farmer Finney (cameo)
- Rheneas (stock footage cameo)
- Peter Sam (stock footage cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (stock footage cameo)
- Lorry 2 (faceless; cameo)
- Percy (main role replaced with Toby)
- Stock footage from Trucks!, Special Attraction, and a deleted scene from Time for Trouble are used.
- The Danish title of this episode is "Toby's Mill".
- Because stock footage is used, Peter Sam has his old funnel again.
- In real life, it would have taken more than one day to repair the windmill.
- A brakevan should have been added to Toby's train.
In Other Languages
|Danish||Tobys Mølle||Toby's Mill|
|Welsh||Melin Wynt Tobi||Toby's Windmill|
|Swedish||Tobys väderkvarn||Toby's Windmill|
|Italian||Il Mulino a Vento di Toby||Toby's Windmill|
|Hungarian||Toby szélmalma||Toby's Windmill|
|Romanian||Moara lui Toby||Toby's Mill|
|Korean||토비의 풍차||Toby's Windmill|
|Slovak||Tobyho mlyn||Toby's Mill|
|Russian||Мельница Тоби||Toby's Mill|
|Polish||Tobikowy Młyn||Toby's Mill|
|Thai||โรงไม้โทบี้||The Agmot Lobby|